Sharing experience, strength, and hope in your voices.
- Thoughts on apologies and amends.
- A mother wants to help her adult son who drinks too much.
- A survivor muses on the possible benefits of trauma.
- What is this detachment thing, anyway?
- Learning to talk, trust, and feel when the family “training” was “don't talk, don't trust, don't feel.”
- Thoughts and experience inspired by episode 318, A Walk in the Woods on a Snowy Day — the healing force of nature, how our higher power speaks to us, and the power of memory.
- Recovery from anger and loss.
- Compassion – finding it.
- Loved one in rehab / coming home from rehab. How to deal?
- Sharing on changes, Steps 10 and 11, and “First things first.”
- 3 acronyms for FEAR.
Readings and Links
Listener shares brought up so many past episodes:
- Parents Roundtable – 22
- Compassion – 33
- Step 9, Amends – 40
- Chaos – 45
- Changes – 47
- Step 10 – 48
- Step 11 – 50
- First things First – 51
- Relapse – 59
- Detachment – 64
- Living with Alcoholism or Addiction – 70
- Powerlessness and Power – 160
- My Codependency, My Body – 204
- Mary Pearl T on Step 1 – 259
- Marc and Michele’s son is in prison – 287
- Jennifer – Free from Obsession – 302
- Being Heard – 313
Our topic for next week is “surrender”. What does surrender mean to you? How has surrendering given you power? Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.