Karen shared her story in episode 262, Third Time is the Charm. Things have changed since then, and we start by catching up on recent events. Then we move into a discussion about how she (and I) use Traditions 1 and 2 in our lives. The traditions are:
- Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for the greatest number depends upon unity.
- For our group purpose there is but one authority—a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants—they do not govern.
Our conversation is guided by these questions.
- What does “common welfare” mean to you in your daily life?
- How do you place it first?
- How does unity enable and enhance your personal progress?
- … the progress of others in your life?
- Tradition two speaks of the authority of a higher power. What does this mean for you?
- Do you use a “group conscience” in your living? How?
- What does this mean for you in your family?
- … at work?
- … in other groups (friends, associations, church)?
- In what ways might you consider yourself a “trusted servant”?
- How does the concept of “trusted servant” change the way you relate to others? (in the family, at work, etc.)
Readings and Links
Add your voice
Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Twisted Sister: We're Not Gonna Take It