- What is your first thought when you hear this question?
- Do you believe that “right” is “truth” and that there is only one possible “right answer” (way to do something, opinion about a topic, etc.)?
- Do you have “black and white” thinking?
- What would it take to see the world in shades of gray (or colors)? Red is no more “right” than blue, for example.
- What does the word “happy” mean in this context?
- When has holding onto a position hurt more than letting go would have hurt?
- Is Right and Happy possible? Sometimes. But in dealing with difficult people, sometimes, it’s just not worth the fight, conflict, escalation…
- A lotta references to “conflict” and controversy are relevant in readings, and traditions, as well as arguments.
- Can you “Live and Let Live” even if you are “right”?
- Have you come to learn that most times, “urgent things are seldom Important, and Important things are seldom urgent”? (calling 911 for a paper cut…)
- How Important is it?
- This Too Shall Pass
- Is It Worth My Serenity?
- Perspective episode also comes to mind, and First Things First… And Force vs Power
- Take the bait
- Pick up the rope
- Be a willing participant in a toxic dance
- “I don’t need to win anything today…”
Readings and Links
We opened with a reading from Courage to Change, October 29. We also mentioned the June 3 reading.
Our topic for next week is new topic. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email
with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
John Mayer: Heartbreak Warfare
Billy Joel: You May be Right
Pharell Williams: Happy