- 3 slogans for today.
- Let it begin with me.
- Is it worth my serenity?
- First things first.
- For each slogan: How do I understand the slogan?
- What did I think when I first heard each slogan?
- Has my understanding changed?
- How have I applied the slogan in the past? Now?
- The “Al-Anon declaration” includes the words “Let it begin with me” twice. Why?
- LET IT BEGIN WITH ME—When anyone, anywhere reaches out for help, let the hand of Al‑Anon and Alateen always be there and LET IT BEGIN WITH ME
- Do I use “Let it begin with me” to remind me that my recovery comes first?
- Sort of like the “oxygen mask” metaphor?
- “Isms” and “if you spot it, you got it”
- What happens when I ask “Is it worth my serenity?” How does it change the way I react to situations?
- Do I use “first things first”
- To reduce frustration, fear, or uncertainty?
- To help me move forward one step towards a goal I don’t know how to reach?
- To help me choose from several “next steps”?
Our topic for next week is new topic. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
We opened with a reading from Chapter 9 of How Al-Anon Works, Slogans.
Later, we read from Courage to Change, April 18 and December 2.
Music from the show
The Isley Brothers and Santana – Let there be Peace on Earth (and Let it Begin with Me)
Read more about this song.
Godsmack – Serenity
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young – First Things First