It includes reflections on:
- Learning at a young age that it was my responsibility to “fix” everyone's problems.
- Learning codependent behavior — that I could not be happy unless everyone around me was happy.
- What happens when these behaviors meet up with alcoholism? (Hint: it's not pretty.)
- How long did it take before I finally realized I needed help? And that Al-Anon might be the place to find it?
- What did early recovery look like for me?
- How did I find an answer to that question that plagues so many of us: “Should I stay or should I go?”
- What did the steps look like when I first encountered them? What do they mean to me now?
- How has recovery helped and supported me in all aspects of my life?
Please consider sharing your story for our upcoming 5-year anniversary episode in early December, 2017. See our contact page for information on how you can contribute your voice.
Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.