Is humility the same thing as humiliation? How does humility help me change?
Definition from Merriam-Webster: freedom from pride or arrogance : the quality or state of being humble
- What is the difference between humility and humiliation?
- Some have compared humility to teachability. How do you understand this statement?
- How does humility help keep me from trying to control people and situations?
- How Al-Anon Works says “True humility is based upon letting go of self-will and relying instead upon the will of our Higher Power.”
- In the “Lois’s Story” chapter in How Al-Anon Works, she writes, “‘Humbly’ was a word I never fully understood. It used to seem servile to me. Today it means seeing myself in true relation to my fellow man and to God.”
- What is the connection between anonymity, as we practice it, and humility?
- How is humility part of taking care of ourselves, rather than taking care of others?
Eric read from “The Paradoxical Power of Humility“.
Upcoming topics include “the 3 P's”, perfection, procrastination, and paralysis. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Melissa Etheridge: If I Only Wanted To
Tim McGraw: Humble and Kind
Mary Lambert: Secrets
2 comments on “Humility – Episode 208”
as usual I am grateful for ur podcasts . In the 208 show you spoke about links to other postcards on itunes
can you please share them on my email I could not find them in the podcast
I am realizing every day that the family disease of alcoholism has been so deeply ingarined in me and my daughter that I keep on going backwards in my relationship with her every day
Is there any way to get ACA help or information in India or better if in Mumbai
The podcasts are helping me to recover my disease and I feel there is so much to learn from Al alon
Sujata — links are to the right of the page if you are using a computer, near the bottom on a phone. Look for the heading “Podcasts we like”.