Do you have unrealistic expectations of other people? Or, maybe, of yourself? How does this hurt?
- What are “expectations”?
- “Expectations are pre-meditated resentments” — how do you see this as true?
- How can expectations set you up for disappointment?
- How do your expectations of yourself hurt you?
- How do you deal with other people's expectations of you?
- How do you
- let go of unrealisitic expectations?
- set realistic / reasonable expectations and boundaries?
- When has letting go of expectations improved an experience for you?
Eric referred to several other websites:
- Recovery Table blog: Expectations, Acceptance, and Serenity
- A forum discussion about boundaries and expectations.
- Change-Effect blog: expectation versus reality.
A correspondant mentioned the Hand in Hand Parenting support organization and how it had helped her.
Upcoming topics include a talk with Alateen sponsors, and the question “how am I trustworthy?” Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
The Rolling Stones: No Expectations
The Beatles: Let it Be
Jimi Hendrix: Castles Made of Sand