Do we have choices in our lives? What kinds of choices do we have? How have we found choices in recovery?
Choice Before Recovery
- Did you feel you had choices in your life?
- Did it seem like, when you had a choice, it was either/or, with no 3rd possibility?
- Were you “allowed” to change your mind?
- How did you make decisions?
- Little ones? (What to have for dinner, what movie to see.)
- Big ones? (Which job to take, where to live.)
Choice in early recovery
- What messages about choice did you hear when you started attending Al-Anon?
- Was it a surprise to hear that you had choices? That you had more than 2 alternatives?
- What did you hear about making choices to take care of yourself?
- What if you didn’t know which answer was the “right” one?
- What tools of the program can you use to help you make a choice?
- Which slogans are helpful?
- How do you use prayer and meditation in making decisions?
- How can taking inventory help?
- Have you found that you can choose your attitude? Acceptance? Gratitude?
Upcoming topics include sadness. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Eric recommended the Insight Timer meditation app.
Music from the show
Natasha Bedingfield: Unwritten
George Harrison: Any Road
2 comments on “Choices – Episode 164”
What is the name of the meditation Eric just up loaded?
I believe it is the music titled Lotus Flower in the Dark in the Insight Timer app (https://insighttimer.com/).