In this first episode in a series, we explore a “Gift of Al-Anon“.
We will become mature, responsible individuals with a great capacity for joy, fulfillment, and wonder. Though we may never be perfect, continued spiritual progress will reveal to us our enormous potential.
Spencer and Brooke explore how this gift is appearing in their lives, guided by these questions.
- If you had read or heard this statement when you had just arrived in Al-Anon, what would you have thought of it?
- would you have made sense of it at all?
- would you have believed it could be true for you?
- Did parts of that statement seem true already? Which parts and why?
- As you have traveled your recovery path, how has your understanding of this statement changed?
- Are there parts you thought were true that you came to see were not true?
- Did parts of it start to make sense?
- Did you find a deeper understanding of parts of it?
- Did you see that this was true of others in the program, and come to want it for yourself?
- How do you see this gift coming true in your life today?
- What progress do you still look forward to?
- What would you say to a newcomer who can’t believe this could ever come true in their own life?
Upcoming topics include recovery in divorce. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Continue reading “Joy, Fulfillment and Wonder – Episode 144”