Does a life in recovery sound limiting? Are you unsure what activities, events, etc from your previous life will fit into your new life of recovery? Does living a rich full life sound selfish when your loved ones are still suffering from addiction? What tools have your learned that allow you to fully live your own life today? Kelli, Spencer, and Swetha try to answer these questions and others as we talk about living rich, full lives in recovery.
- What does “living rich, full lives” mean to you?
- Does it mean something different to you today than it did in the past?
- What are some tools you use today to ensure that you are living life in a satisfying way?
- How do you know when you are living a rich, full life?
- What do you see as the spiritual aspects of a rich, full life?
- How can changed attitudes contribute to living a rich, full life?
- How does your life today differ from your life before recovery? Some aspects of life to consider include:
- Relationships with partners, friends, family, co-workers, etc.
- Spiritual practices
- Emotional life
- Intellectual life
- Do you see your life today as rich and full? As richer and fuller than it has been in times past? What do you still want to add (or take away) to improve your life?
Our topic for next week is the 3 A's – Awareness, Acceptance and Action. Do you think you have to fix something as soon as you become aware of it? Do you find yourself springing into action even before you know what the problem is? Is it difficult to know if you've fully accepted something as a cue to take action? Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here. We plan to record this episode on Monday, September 30 starting at 6PM EDT (2200 GMT). You can listen live and participate. Just click Listen Live at the top of the page.