Spencer and Eric talk about some slogans, guided by these questions.
- What did you think about these slogans when you first came to the program?
- Was there a particular slogan that you first “picked up”? How did it help you?
- What slogans are you using at this point in your recovery / life?
- Easy does it.
- How have you used this slogan?
- What does it say to you?
- How important is it?
- What does this slogan remind you to do, or not to do?
- How has it helped your recovery?
- How does it help you to live with others?
- From How Al-Anon Works: “One of the effects of alcoholism is that most of us tend to react to everything we encounter, often perceiving minor incidents as major crises.”
- How does “Think” remind me to pause instead of reacting?
- How have I used this recently?
- In the Step 10 discussion in Paths to Recovery there is an interpretation of THINK as an acronym, giving us questions to ask before opening our mouth: Is it Thoughtful, Honest, Intelligent, Necessary, and Kind?
- How do you view the slogans now?
Upcoming topics include Living with Lies, Concepts 11 and 12, and the 4 L’s: Listen, Learn, Let Go, and Love. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Continue reading “Slogans part 1 – Episode 131”