Spencer and Eric talk about our experiences with public outreach, roughly following this outline.
- How did you first get involved in public outreach?
- What have you or members of your group done as part of your public outreach?
- What resources are available to help you in doing outreach?
- Why do you believe that public outreach is important?
- How have you preserved your anonymity “at the level of press, radio, TV, and films”?
- How have you cooperated with other recovery groups and programs in your area to carry the message?
- Have you been involved in other forms of service? In your district? In your group(s)? Personally?
- How does service help to carry the message?
- How have all these forms of service supported and enhanced your recovery?
We mentioned many resources for outreach. Here are some of them:
- Statement about public outreach from Al-Anon/Alateen of South Ontario.
- Public outreach materials from the Al-Anon bookstore.
- Public outreach from Al-Anon of Wisconsin.
- Media files for outreach from Al-Anon.
- Al-Anon flyer about outreach.
Upcoming topics include worry, obsessive thinking, and caretaking. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Continue reading “Public outreach – Episode 115”