Men are a minority in Al-Anon. Is this a problem? An asset? What is your experience?
Join Spencer and several guests, both men and women, as we share our experience.
Some of the topics we address are these:
- What is your experience as a man in Al-Anon?
- What difficulties and challenges have you experienced?
- Did you feel you didn’t belong?
- Or do you feel perfectly comfortable and accepted?
- Were you able to find a sponsor?
- What boundaries have you set for yourself with members of the “opposite sex?” (Recognizing that not all people fit comfortably into the gender binary.)
- Does the presence of men in a meeting inhibit you from sharing or does it enhance your experience?
Readings and Links
I'm still welcoming shares by “dual program members”. If you are in another twelve step program, please share your experience. How do the programs support each other or conflict? How do you (or don't you) share that part of your life in Al-Anon meetings? Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.