Spencer shares his answers to some questions about Step 4 from our book Paths to Recovery about the purpose of taking our own moral inventory. His answers were written in 2002, 2011, and 2018. How have they changed (or not)?
The questions are:
- Am I willing to look honestly at myself? What stands in my way?
- Have I sought help from my Higher Power, my sponsor, or other Al-Anon members?
- What suggestions have I tried to see if they might work?
- Do I understand the spiritual principle of an inventory?
- What do “searching” and “fearless” mean to me?
- What does “moral inventory” mean?
How would you answer these questions? Please share your thoughts. Call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Dessa: The Crow
Aretha Franklin: Look into your Heart
Shannon and the Clams: Onion