- What is my experience?
- Ignoring the problem
- We’re just fine.
- Just use the credit card.
- Cash advances
- Balance transfer
- Borrow from parents.
- Take money from retirement (is this amends?)
- Can I win the lottery??? (no)
- Refinance the house.
- Worry, anxiety, can’t sleep.
- The problem is drinking — too expensive.
- Bankruptcy? No! Not an option!
- Bank balance anxiety…
- Don’t check it.
- But be afraid of the envelope (later, the text message)
- Step 6/7 — ask for help, and receive it.
- How to recover? How to not be anxious all the time?
- Sobriety helped, but not the only answer.
- Make a plan to pay off credit card balances.
- Tradition 7
- General Warranties of the Conference In all proceedings the World Service Conference of Al-Anon shall observe the spirit of the Traditions:
- that only sufficient operating funds, including an ample reserve, be its prudent financial principle;
- Where am I today?
- Credit cards at zero.
- Loans taken to pay off credit cards almost zero.
- Home line of credit is the next target.
- Student loans — refinance for lower interest. 5 years to go.
- We were able to recarpet our home from savings, not credit!
- But it took time.
Upcoming topics include parenting. In particular, if you are the parent of an alcoholic or addict, we'd love to hear your fears, experience, strength, and hope. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com. Or just leave a comment right here.
Courage to Change, Dec 11
How Al-Anon Works, Chapter 31 “Letting Go of a Loved One’s Alcohol, Drug, and Money Problems”
Music from the show
Hank Thompson – Six Pack to Go
Abba – Money, Money, Money
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – Make the Money