I looked back over 15 years at the 3 times I have worked step 3, and found the answers I wrote in 2002, 2011, and 2017 for these questions about making a decision.
- Step 3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- How do I feel about turning my life over to a Higher Power for guidance?
- How do I know who or what my Higher Power is?
- Am I willing to turn my problems over? What could help me be willing?
- How can I stop thinking, trying, and considering, and actually make a decision?
- Have I had a problem making decisions in my life? Give examples.
If I am unable to make a decision, what holds me back?
How would you answer these questions? Share your responses so we can read them in a future episode.
Upcoming are two more parent episodes. For one episode, please share your experience, strength, and hope about being the parent of an alcoholic or addict. For the other, how has recovery changed the way you are a parent? Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Audio versions of three Al-Anon books are now available:
The Al-Anon online store has links to purchase the books from Audible, Amazon, or iTunes. Here are direct links to purchase them through Amazon: One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, How Al-Anon Works, Courage to Change: One Day at a Time in Al-Anon II.
A description of the “persistent illusion” can be found in the book Alcoholics Anonymous starting on page 30. Here is one online copy that you can read.
A listener asked about the song “Drowning’s Better (with your friends)”, which can be found at the Bandcamp page for Misty Lyn and the Big Beautiful.
Music from the show
Just Decide by I Fight Dragons
Free to Decide by The Cranberries
Choose by Hightown Parade
More songs about making decisions are in this Spotify playlist.