- What is trust?
- firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. (Dictionary.com)
- Do you have or have had trouble trusting other people?
- Do you have people you trust? How do you know they are trustworthy?
- Do you have a Higher Power you can trust?
- What is the difference between trust and faith or is there a difference?
- If we developed an ability to trust, how have we done that? with meetings? the program/steps? the tools? slogans? (I find that each of these has a role in developing trust).
- Can you trust yourself?
- Can others trust you?
- When I don’t trust someone what am I feeling?
- Fear of being judged – ties in with perfectionism, low self esteem, unloveable
- Fear of being hurt – emotionally, physically, intentionally and unintentionally.
- Trust to me is having the confidence that another person is not going to harm me intentionally.
- Sometimes the lack of trust is an issue on my side of the street
- Sometimes the other person has not shown themselves to be trustworthy
- Often I would assume that I couldn’t trust someone to be thoughtful of me because of my past experiences or my way of thinking.
- Slogans / Tools for building trust:
- One Step/Day at a Time (Tincture of Time)
- Act as If in less important situations
- Keep an Open Mind (helps with jumping to conclusions, esp. About negative intent)
- Let it begin with me
- Building others’ trust in me
- Traditions – learning to co-exist with others
- Concepts – learning to work in an organization
Upcoming topics include parenting, being the sober parent, and being the parent of an addict or alcoholic. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Trust in Me – Stewart Holloway from the Jungle Book movie
Trust – Christina Perri
Olivia O’Brien – Trust Issues