Definition from Merriam-Webster: freedom from pride or arrogance : the quality or state of being humble
- What is the difference between humility and humiliation?
- Some have compared humility to teachability. How do you understand this statement?
- How does humility help keep me from trying to control people and situations?
- How Al-Anon Works says “True humility is based upon letting go of self-will and relying instead upon the will of our Higher Power.”
- In the “Lois’s Story” chapter in How Al-Anon Works, she writes, “‘Humbly’ was a word I never fully understood. It used to seem servile to me. Today it means seeing myself in true relation to my fellow man and to God.”
- What is the connection between anonymity, as we practice it, and humility?
- How is humility part of taking care of ourselves, rather than taking care of others?
Eric read from “The Paradoxical Power of Humility“.
Upcoming topics include “the 3 P’s”, perfection, procrastination, and paralysis. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Melissa Etheridge: If I Only Wanted To
Tim McGraw: Humble and Kind
Mary Lambert: Secrets