Recently, I heard a couple of statements that, in my head, connected to recovery.
“We are not defined by what we did or who we were. Those are only the things that brought us to who we are now.”
“This is who I am now, and I know I will be different later. Life is about the journey, not the destination.”
Exploring these ideas:
- What are my expectations of myself?
- How are they shaped by my past experience?
- In what ways do they not match my current reality?
- How do I know?
- What program tools can help me see that I am not my past?
- Inventory (Step 4)
- Gratitude list.
- What tools can help me be more the person I want to be?
- Committing to change (Steps 6 & 7)
- Amends (Steps 8, 9, 10)
- Spiritual connection (Step 11)
- How does seeing life as a journey feed my serenity?
- Slogans: Progress not perfection. (not an official Al-Anon slogan?)
- Easy does it.
- One day at a time.
Upcoming topics include “The 3 P's: Perfection, Paralysis, and Procrastination”. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
The Allman Brothers: Change my way of Living
Otis Redding: A Change is Gonna Come
Indigo Girls: Closer to Fine