Do you hold a grudge? Why is this harmful? How can our program help let go of our resentments?
- What is a “resentment”?
- Why is it a problem?
- Where do you find your resentments stem from?
- Anger at a past injury?
- Others not doing things “your way”?
- One method of working Step 4 (“searching and fearless moral inventory”) starts by listing resentments.
- Why do you think that is?
- Why can this be a useful way of digging into our inventory?
- The book How Al-Anon Works talks about resentment in the chapter titled “Detachment, Love, and Forgiveness”.
- How do these tools help relieve our resentments?
- What other tools do you use?
- Taking a fresh look — maybe the behavior has changed and I don’t recognize it
Upcoming topics include Alateen, Parenting, and Obsessive Thinking. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Psychology Today: 10 Steps to Letting go of Resentment
Tiny Buddha: 4 Powerful Tips to Reduce Resentment and Feel Happier
Music from the show
Matchbox Twenty: Disease
Steven Curtis Chapman: Miracle of the Moment
2 comments on “Resentment – Episode 196”
I have just started listening to your podcasts and am trying to make sense of alcoholism.
In addition my daughter has BPD which makes my own character defects magnified.
Do pray for me.
I would like to help you to continue this show.
Lots of gratitude to God for helping me find this show.
Still in despair but will try not to control.
Wow I had no idea how right on the Al anon book was as well! I have always been apart of the sister program Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous but wow I am so happy to see such an amazing chapter in the Al anon book about “Detachment, love, and forgiveness”! I am so happy to have been lead to your blog! I am stoked I read the Al anon chapter about detachment because I was leaning towards relapse seeing my Dad fall off the wagon so many times! Thanks and God bless!!!! Really enjoyed this talk!