September 30 is International Podcast Day, which “is dedicated to promoting Podcasting worldwide through education and public engagement.” … Well, that got me thinking about why I do this podcast, why I (with others) have created 172 episodes of The Recovery Show over the past 3 ½ years. So, here are some of those reasons.
- I can do it.
- Technical knowledge
- Teaching background
- Step 12 encourages me to “carry this message to others”.
- How did it happen?
- My sponsor asked me to participate in his podcast (AA focused recovery at recoveredcast.com)
- I wanted to bring a little more Al-Anon content to his podcast and he said “why don’t you start your own?”
- 2 friends agreed to help
- It deepens my own program of recovery.
- I have met (at least virtually) people from all over the US and the world.
- You let me know that it is valuable to you.
- You support me.
- Through your sharing (email and voice mail)
- By giving me topic ideas and music suggestions.
- By participating in the show.
This is a “we” program. I cannot do my recovery alone and I cannot do this podcast alone. Even though it is often me, sitting in front of a microphone by myself, you are there with me, sitting across the desk from me, as I talk. And, I think, that is the bottom line of why I continue to produce this podcast. It brings us together in recovery; it connects me to you, and you, and you.
Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Kelly Clarkson – Because of You
Aerosmith – Amazing
Christina Aguilera – Keep on Singin' My Song