Spencer and Tom, joined virtually by Sara and Gerrie talk about Step 1, We admitted we were powerless over alcohol, and our lives had become unmanageable.
- Why is it difficult to admit my powerlessness?
- How do the effects of alcoholism make my life unmanageable?
- What is my “First Step story”?
- What keeps me holding on to the illusion that I have the power to change someone else?
- How do I determine I am powerless over someone else’s behavior?
- Do I accept that alcoholism is a disease? How does/did that change how I interact with the drinker?
- How do I react when others refuse to be or do as I wish?
- What would happen if I stopped trying to change others? ]
- How can I let go of others’ problems instead of trying to solve them?
- Do I say “yes” when I want to say “no”? What happens to my ability to manage my own life when I do this?
- How can admitting powerlessness lead me to new power?
- How does Step 1 help me let go of blame and shame?
- What tools do I use to find serenity when my life seems unmanageable?
Upcoming topics include another “gift of Al-Anon”. “Courage and fellowship will replace fear. We will be able to risk failure to develop new hidden talents.” Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Dixie Chicks: Silent House
The Corrs: What Can I Do?