- In what ways did I lose myself “before program”?
- Focus on the alcoholic
- Taking care of others before myself
- Belief that others must participate in everything — I can’t do something if my partner doesn’t want to.
- Isolation and withdrawal from life / activities
- Expectation that my loved ones would read my mind
- Expecting others to make me happy
- What messages did I first hear in Al-Anon that started me to rediscovering myself?
- Take care of myself.
- Detachment with love.
- It’s ok to ask for what I want.
- What have I found out about myself in recovery?
- Things I like (to do).
- Things I don’t like that I thought I had to like because others like them.
- New insights into my character
- New things that I never thought I would like
- What did I forget about myself that I have rediscovered?
Upcoming topics include choices and sadness. We will also explore the statement “Courage and fellowship will replace fear. We will be able to risk failure to develop new hidden talents.” to see how it has come true for us. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Talking Heads – Once in a Lifetime
Sara Bareilles – Brave
Rachel Platten – Fight Song