Reflect on your year past, look forward to the new year with these thought questions. In this episode, Spencer reflects on his 2015 and looks at his 2016 goals.
- Did I have recovery goals for 2015? What were they?
- Did I have other goals for 2015? What were they?
- How did I reach towards my goals?
- Outside of goals, how did I work my program in 2015?
- What did I find out about myself this year?
- What changes have I made or been making this year?
- What has changed in my life this year?
- What did I achieve this year? In recovery? In my life in general?
- What will I keep on doing in 2016?
- What do I want to do differently/new in 2016?
- Am I setting any SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound)? Why might I want to do this? Why not?
Upcoming topics include families, and balancing more than one recovery program.
What did you learn in your family, growing up? How have you carried that into your present? Was your family “crazy” or “normal”? How have you learned a new way to be in family through recovery?
Are you in another recovery program? How do you balance your programs? Did you find a difference working the steps in Al-Anon?
Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Greg referred to the essay on Emotional Sobriety by Bill W.
He also suggested that we do a series on the Alanon Gifts.
Music from the show
Courtney Barnett: Nobody Really Cares if you don't go to the Party
Kendrick Lamar: How Much a Dollar Cost
Protomartyr: Why Does it Shake?