Julia joins Spencer to talk about lies, guided by these questions.
- How have you been lied to (in relationships with an alcoholic or addict)?
- How have you lied to yourself?
- How did you react to lies prior to recovery?
- Did you become angry? withdraw?
- Did you deny them? Ignore them?
- Did you make excuses for your loved one’s behavior?
- What else?
- Can you see your loved one’s lies as a symptom of the disease?
- What tools have you used to stay “sane” when you are lied to? How?
- When does lying become a “deal breaker”?
- How do you rebuild trust in your loved one?
- Are there things you still can’t trust about them or your relationship?
Upcoming topics include the 4 L’s, listen, learn, let go, and love; and Concepts of service 11 and 12. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Depeche Mode: Policy of Truth
Christina Perri: Jar of Hearts