When you came to your first meeting, were people laughing? How did that make you feel? How do you use laughter in your recovery today?
- When (under what circumstances) did you laugh before program?
- When and how did you laugh as a child?
- How did that change as you grew older?
- How did that change as you were affected by alcoholism/addiction?
- Could you laugh at yourself then? … about your pain? … about your foibles and shortcomings?
- How did you feel when you first heard laughter in an Al-Anon meeting?
- How has recovery changed the way you laugh? Why you laugh?
- Can you laugh about your pain? … about your shortcomings?
- How do you see laughter as a healing force?
- What have you learned about laughter in recovery?
Upcoming topics include Al-Anon dreams, and imperfection. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles: Tears of a Clown
Jason Mraz: What Mama Say
Nat King Cole: Smile
Zen Pencils comic about the stone cutter quote from Jacob Riis.
The Gifts of Imperfection