A few weeks ago, Jennifer suggested the topic of “dry drunk.” Then Ruth mentioned how she feels when she misses a few meetings. And then, I heard a talk about “dry drunk” on the Recovery Radio Network podcast.
We start with a talk from Dick S titled “Recovery is Forever: Dry Drunk Revisited”.
My experience with “dry Al-Anon”:
- My realization from the Step 3 reading in “Paths to Recovery”.
- “As we grow in the program, we find ourselves returning again and again to these basic principles when faced with new challenges.”
- The moment of truth: A co-worker’s talk with me on Friday about my behavior earlier in the week.
- Looking back:
- Feeling complacent.
- Missing meetings.
- “White knuckle”
- My solution?
- Re-establish routine of prayer and meditation.
- Recognize the importance of meetings
- Say “yes” to the program!
Our topic for next week is Concept 3, which says “The right of decision makes effective leadership possible.” What is the “right of decision”? How does it help? How can you apply this to your personal life, your family, your workplace? (And, of course to your Al-Anon group!) Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
You can find the original of Dick’s talk on the Recovery Radio Network, along with many other talks.