We are told that “we didn’t cause it, we can’t cure it, and we can’t control it.” The 3 C’s capture our powerlessness. What does this mean for us, what does it mean for the ones we love who are caught in this disease?
- What are “the 3 C’s”?
- We didn't cause our loved one's alcoholism or addiction.
- We can't cure it.
- We can't control it.
- When did you first hear about them?
- What did you think then?
- How did you feel?
- Why are they important?
- How do they express our powerlessness over alcohol?
We’d love to hear your questions or experience about these upcoming topics:
- Caretaking or healthy support?
- Suffering – What does it mean when we say “pain is inevitable but suffering is optional”?
- Tradition 8 – Al-Anon Twelfth Step work should remain forever non-professional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
I feel that these songs capture or illuminate some aspects of the 3 C's. I talked a little about the first 3 in this episode. The last two are for you to find your own meaning in.
Ashley Wells – Powerless
The Corrs – What Can I Do?
Alanis Morisette – Precious Illusions
Aimee Mann – Wise Up
Lindsay McCaul – Let Go
If you enjoy the music, consider buying it and supporting both the performer and this show. Purchases made by clicking on the iTunes or Amazon links above will help support the podcast.