The topic of our next episode, number 79, is What does it mean to “work” the steps? Please share your experience, strength, and hope about this question by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling our voice mail number 734-707-8795, or by using the voicemail button at the right.
Here are some thought questions that you can use as prompts for your sharing:
- When you first heard the phrase “work the steps”, what did you think it meant?
- Have you worked the steps once? More than once?
- If more than once, how did your understanding of “working the steps” change?
- How did you work the steps? From a book? With a sponsor? As part of a group?
- Some steps have clear actions in them (“took an inventory”, “made a list”), and some do not (“came to believe”, “became entirely ready”).
- Would you say that some steps are “action steps” and some are not?
- Or, do you believe that all the steps have actions in them?
- If you are a sponsor, how do you guide your sponsees in working the steps?