Our conversation was very loosely guided by these questions:
- Did you think about how you were going to take your recovery program with you before you left home?
- What did you take with you? (Literature, phone numbers, meeting locations / list?)
- What were your expectations about what you would find at your destination (that could support your recovery)?
- How did you use what you brought?
- Did you make program calls? Text? Email?
- How did what happened match (or not) your expectations (of practicing recovery)?
- Did you attend in-person meetings?
- Did you attend online meetings?
- What did you find challenging about practicing your recovery program while traveling?
- How did your program help you enjoy your travel?
- What else would you like to share about your experience?
Upcoming topics include Tradition 5, Progress, and Humility. Tradition 5 says “Each Al-Anon Family Group has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps of AA ourselves, by encouraging and understanding our alcoholic relatives, and by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics.” Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Ok Go – This Too Shall Pass