I’ve titled today’s episode Made a Decision. I am going to relate my the story of my journey to and through Step 3, “Made a decision to turn our will and our live over to the care of God as we understood God.” I started from unbelief, was told to “act as if”, found willingness, and eventually surrendered. But still, I must give my will over on a daily basis, because I continue to try to take it back.
- My Story
- What is this “God” thing of which you speak?
- How can I turn my will and my life over to something I don’t believe in?
- “Act as if”
- Letting go of my loved one’s recovery (or lack thereof)
- The meeting and the program as my HP
- A later understanding of surrender — just going to meetings
- Unmanageability as motivation
- Evidence of God working in my life
- Growing willingness
- God suggests — sometimes I listen
- Daily practice
- What holds me back?
- My intellect
- Fear (of losing control)
- Desire for my outcome
- What pushed me forward
- Clear unmanageability of life
- Seeing it work — when I listened
- My will has often led me into trouble
- Change requires changing — letting go of old ways — I can’t do it alone
Our topic for next week is Forgiveness. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Sarah MacLachlan – Sweet Surrender
Lee Ann Womack – I Hope you Dance
Hot Tuna – Hesitation Blues